SP Laboratory has the most sophisticated and completely reliable test equipment, which is controlled in line with all metrology requirements.
It is the only laboratory in the Balkans that possesses an IRMS (Isotope-Ratio Mass Spectrometer), a device for examining stable isotopes, which is used for determining the originality and the geographic origin of a product, which will be of special assistance to domestic producers when placing their products on the European Union markets. Among other things, IRMS can determine the following:
- Whether the alcohol in fruit brandy originates only from fruit, or if industrial crops or sugar were used in its production
- Whether juice declared as 100% fruit is really without any added sugar and water
- Whether any sugar was added to honey
- Whether CO2 in natural mineral water originates from the spring or synthetic CO2 was additionally added
- Whether sugar originates from sugar beet or sugar cane
- Whether wine has been produced by grape processing or it is counterfeit
SP Laboratory possesses the following laboratory instruments and equipment:
- ICP/MS (INDUCTIVELY COUPLED PLASMA WITH MASS DETECTOR (MS)) Instrument for qualitative testing of different elements (more than 30 elements of the periodic table)
- HPLC (HIGH-PERFORMANCE LIQUID CHROMATOGRAPH) with FLUORESCENCE AND PHOTODIODE ARRAY (PDA) DETECTOR Instrument for determining mycotoxins, preservation agents, artificial sweeteners, vitamins, caffeine, Sudan dye, etc.
- LC (LIQUID CHROMATOGRAPH) with MASS SPECTOMETER (MS) Instrument for determining residues of active pesticide substances, sulphonamides, antibiotics, taurine, etc.
- LC (LIQUID CHROMATOGRAPH) with MS/MS DETECTOR Instrument for determining residues of active pesticide substances, mycotoxins, melamine, sulphonamides, antibiotics, etc.
- GC (GASS CHROMATOGRAPH) with MASS SPECTOMETER (MS) Instrument for determining residues of active pesticide substances, polychlorinated biphenyls, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, fatty acids methyl ester contents, etc.
- GC (GASS CROMATOGRAPH) with ELECTRON CAPTURE DETECTOR (ECD) Instrument for determining organochlorine pesticides, polychlorinated biphenyls
- GC (GASS CHROMATIGRAPH) with FLAME IONISATION (FID) AND ELECTRON CAPTURE DETECTORS (ECD) AND HEADSPACE TECHNOLOGY (HSS) Instrument for determining volatile organic compounds content, methanol content and dithiocarbamate residues content
- GC (GASS CHROMATOGRAPH) with FLAME IONISATION DETECTOR (FID) Instrument for determining the content of total fatty acid methyl esters, saturated, unsaturated and trans fatty acids, linoleic acid methyl ester and the contents of free and total glycerol, mono-, di- and tri-glycerides, etc.
- IC (ION CHROMATOGRAPH) with UV/VIS, CONDUCTIMETRIC AND ELECTROCHEMICAL DETECTOR Instrument for determining anion content, cation content, amino-acid content, different types of sugar (glucose, fructose, sucrose, lactose, maltose, etc), artificial sweeteners, etc.
- SMOKE MACHINE with CO/CO2 DETECTOR Instrument for quantitative collection of tobacco smoke and determining CO and CO2 content
- LAMINAR FLOW CABINET WITH THREE-LEVEL PROTECTION Device for microbiological tests under sterile conditions
- Real-time PCR (RT-PCR) Instrument for testing genetic modifications
- ELEMENTAL NITROGEN ANALYSER Instrument for determining nitrogen and protein content using the Dumas method
- LOW-PHONIC LIQUID SCINTILLATION SPECTROMETER Instrument for determining tritium content in water, 14C carbon, total α and total ß ionising radiation
- BARLEY MALT TESTING EQUIPMENT
- AUTOMATIC POLARIMETER Instrument for determining sugar purity
- REFRACTOMETER Instrument for determining dry substance and refractive index
- SACCHAROFLEX Instrument for determining sugar crystals colour
- SPECTROPHOTOMETER Instrument for spectrophotometric testing including measurements in Vis/UV part of the spectrum
- PHOTOMETRIC READER Instrument for quantification of genetic modification
- INFRATEC GRAIN ANALYZER Instrument for fast determining the chemical composition of grain materials
- AW-METER Apparatus for determining water activity
- Other laboratory equipment and tools for determining quality parameters.